Service and Gratitude

I knew from the moment I was asked to be the NPC Chairman that my time would undoubtedly be about service. NPC is all about serving its member groups, collegians and alumnae. Service is a founding tenant for many of our organizations and it is something we all do gladly. This past weekend I had the distinct honor of also serving as hostess to the Executive Committee as they joined me at my home for our annual January retreat. It was a relaxing and productive meeting as we outlined how we could best serve our constituents in the coming year. Below are some of the topics we discussed:

• Long-range plan
• 2012 annual meeting
• Work of special committees
• 2013 regional leadership conference program topics
• NPCWomen.org website upgrades and redesign

I left the weekend feeling fulfilled and excited for what lies ahead, but mostly grateful for the four women who have agreed to serve alongside me for the next two years.

Check out additional photos from our weekend together.