My Holiday Charity

As a sorority woman, my member group and the National Panhellenic Conference have taught me the importance of helping others. During the holidays, I often reflect on how blessed my family is, and I know that we can never give enough to those in need. However, if as sorority women we all do one thing with our families to provide service or funds to an organization we hold dear, the potential to meet many needs is great.

During the holiday season, I fill shoe boxes as a volunteer for Samaritan’s Purse – Operation Christmas Child. This organization sends shoe boxes filled with gifts to children across the world. In 2010, 8.17 million shoe boxes were delivered to children on four continents, brightening their holidays.

I encourage you this holiday season to remember the NPC Creed, “The opportunity for wide and wise human service, through mutual respect and helpfulness, is the tenet by which we strive to live.” Then, think about the one thing you and your family can do this holiday season to aid the less fortunate. We have the potential, it’s your move.