Making Memories



I am passionate about advocating for the sorority experience and helping NPC reach its desired future and when I stop to think about it, I realize I have this opportunity because I have a loving and supportive family. So it was a special blessing when I was in California between AFLV-West and the Hill visits, that Bob, my husband of 33 years, and I were able to spend a week with our precious daughter Mary Leah, who is a writer for TV, to celebrate her birthday along with some special friends.

Here we are on vacation in Los Angeles.
We had so much fun hiking Runyon Canyon which offers breathtaking views of Los Angeles and an amazing photo op of the “Hollywood” sign! Then it was off to Santa Ynez for some relaxing days on a mountain top horse farm, visits to world class wineries and the Santa Barbara Vintner’s Festival. Even though our days were filled with fun events, my favorite time was in the evenings when we would relax on the farm and take in the beautiful vistas. We had a great time working together to make fabulous family meals and sat around that table for hours laughing and sharing stories. It’s all about making memories!

With Mother’s Day this Sunday, as I reflect back on this memorable week, one of my most cherished moments is the couple of days I had to spend with my daughter before her Dad and our friends arrived. Maybe we cherish the bonds of sisterhood because we have learned the impact of personal bonds with people through our family, friends and children. I am so proud of the woman my daughter has become and on this Mother’s Day, I am blessed to be her mother.

So, I remind all Panhellenic women to take time to make your own memories.