Thanksgiving Reflection

When my family and friends gather at the table for Thanksgiving dinner, my husband Bob always shares a special Thanksgiving reflection. Below is one of his reflections, and you can share it with your family too.

Thanksgiving Reflection

So often times, as any other day,
When we sit down to our meal and pray,
We hurry along and make fast the blessing:
"Thanks amen. Now please pass the dressing."
We're slaves to the olfactory overload.
We must rush before the food gets cold.

Bur I'd like to take a few minutes more
To really give thanks to what I'm thankful for:
For my family, my health, a nice soft bed,
My friends, my freedom, a roof over my head.
I'm thankful right now to be surrounded by those
Whose lives touch me more than they'll ever possibly know.
I have been blessed beyond measure,
In my heart lives life's greatest treasures.

So please bless this food which has been provided
And bless each and every person invited!